Expressing Sadness
Structures Used to Express Sadness The examples used in this section are in the present continuous tense to express feeling sad at the moment of speaking. You can also use these expressions in different tenses. Informal - for friends and family S + be + feeling down about something I'm feeling down about work lately. She's feeling down about her grades. S + be + upset about something I'm upset about my friends. Tom's upset about his boss. He's too hard on him! S + be + sad about something I'm sad about the situation at work. Jennifer's sad about her mother. More Formal - for Colleagues or Work S + be + out of sorts I'm sorry. I'm out of sorts today. I'll be better tomorrow. Peter is out of sorts today. Ask him tomorrow. S + do not + feel well Doug doesn't feel well today. The staff doesn't feel well about the changes at work. Idioms Used to Express Sadness S + be + feeling blue about something ...


Komentar